CAO Application 2023- How to apply for the 2023 CAO Application online, Application form, Application Status. CAO Application for 2023 is online at www.cao.ac.za. Members of the public that wish to study in Durban University of Technology, Mangosuthu University of Technology, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Zululand and some private colleges as we will see in this article are invited to apply via CAO.
On this page, you will get all the required information concerning CAO APPLICATION 2023: How to apply for CAO 2022/2023 and related information.
How to Apply for CAO 2022/2023
Before Application, please take note of the following Instructions:
When Applying For CAO Application 2023:
- At the time of application, you may be presented with the option to pay the administration fee online, and you may also upload your supporting documents, eg. ID, school results, etc. you may choose not to pay the administration fee online
- You can choose to pay the administration fee via EasyPay
- After application, the application and administration fee receipt is immediately available to the institution/s to which you have applied
- Within 24 hours. You will receive your Acknowledgement Letter.
- Your application is available to the institution/s to which you have applied as soon as confirmation of your payment is received, which is the day after you have paid the administration fee at the EasyPay outlet.
To Complete Your CAO Application 2023 :
You can apply via three methods namely, through their website, through the mobile application, and through the application Form. Don’t worry we will talk about all of them here.
TO Apply Using there Website
- Go to our website: www.cao.ac.za and click on the ‘Apply’ button
- Read the information and click on ‘Continue with Application’
- Enter your ID number or passport number and click on ‘Submit’
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Continue with Application’
- Start to enter ALL the details requested. Once you have entered all the requested information, click on ‘Next’
- Click on ‘Continue with Online Application’
- A pop-up window will appear with your CAO number, password, and EasyPay number. Read the instructions.
The same information will also be sent to the email address you provided. This information is important in case you want to access your information later.
- Click on ‘Continue with Online Application’.
- Follow the instructions and complete ALL the information requested, then click ‘Next’.
- Complete the ‘Next of Kin’ details and click ‘Next’.
- Insert the school name and click on ‘Search’. The school name will appear in a box and you must enter the year you attended that school and the year you finished attending that school.
- Click ‘Next’.
- When you reach ‘Process My Application’, click on the button. YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOW BEEN SUBMITTED
- The message on your screen will display that your submission has been successful.
- You can now pay online and/or upload your supporting documents.
- Pay via EasyPay. See page 24 on ‘Ways to Pay the Administration Fee’.
To Apply Using Mobile App
You first have to download the mobile app. The app can be downloaded through the Central Applications Office website or App Stores, which is available for Android or Apple devices.
To download via the CAO website The app is available in the following stores :
- Open a browser on your device and go to the Central Applications Office website www.cao.ac.za
- Look for the icon for your device and click on it to take you to the store where you can install it.
To download the App via the App Stores The app is available in the following stores :
- Go to your store and search for ‘Central Applications Office’.
- Install the app with the following icon.
- Even when applying via the app you will have to upload your supporting documents online at our website www.cao.ac.za
To Apply Via Hard-copy Application Form
This option is the least Efficient
Handbooks and Application Forms are sent to your school. Find out from your principal and LO teacher. This application material should have reached your school by the end of April.
They are also available from the four universities in KZN and from the DBE District Offices.
You can also find them in some Libraries that also have the Handbooks and Application Forms.
You may also request an application form by :
- Contacting the CAO Call Centre at 031 268 4444 or 086 086 0226
- Sending an email to formrequestcao [AT] cao.ac.za OR
- Visiting the CAO office at Gate 11, Mary Thiphe Street, Cato Manor
5 Send completed hard-copy Application Forms to us by :
- Emailing it to: formsreceivedcao [AT] cao.ac.za
- Posting it to Private Bag X06, Dalbridge, 4014
- Hand delivering it to CAO, Gate 11, Mary Thiphe Street (previously Cato Manor Road), Durban. (Office Hours: 08:00-16:30 Monday to Friday).
If you apply by completing a hard-copy Application Form, it will take at least two to three weeks to process your application after your completed application form and administration fee are received. Only then will the institutions to which you have applied will have access to it. Also, CAO does not have control over how long the Post Office takes to deliver your completed Application Form to them. Endeavor to apply on time.
Applications for 2023 entry open on 1 April 2022! Don’t delay – apply as soon as possible after 1 April. The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered.
More Importantly :
The Closing Date for a programme is the final date for your application and administration fee of R250.00 to reach us and for it to be considered as being ‘on time’.
Applications received and/or administration fees received after the programme closing date are regarded as being late and may only be considered after all ‘on-time’ applications have been assessed.
Applications and/or administration fees received from 1 November 2022 incur the late fee cost of R470.00.