On this page, you will get information about the University of Dar es Salaam UDSM Admission Requirements 2023 and other related information pertaining it. feel free to browse the site.
The University of Dar es Salaam UDSM Undergraduate Entry Requirements 2022/2023 is Compulsory for prospective students. UDSM admission requirements have been released and updated for the 2022/2023 academic year.
University of Dar es Salaam UDSM Undergraduate Entry Requirements
The Candidates interested in enrolling in one of the University of Dar es Salaam’s undergraduate degree or non-degree programs must meet the basic minimum admission requirements and the supplementary entrance requirements unique to each academic program. Candidates applying for IUCEA Students’ Exchange Program programs must meet the entrance requirements for similar programs at the University of Dar es Salaam, as well as the requirements of the admitting university, whose decision is final.
UDSM Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degree Programmes
1. General Minimum Entrance Requirements
A candidate shall be deemed eligible for consideration for admission to a first-degree program of the University of Dar es Salaam if the candidate has one of the following qualifications:
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E.) or equivalent, with passes in FIVE approved subjects THREE of which must be at Credit level obtained prior to sitting for the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A.C.S.E.E.) or equivalent;
- Two principal level passes in appropriate subjects in the A.C.S.E.E. or equivalent with total points from three subjects not below 5 (for Arts programmes) and 2 (for Science-based programmes) based on the following grade to point conversion scale: A = 5; B = 4; C = 3; D = 2; E = 1; S = 0.5 and F = 0 point.
[Note: Principal level passes in Divinity/Islamic Knowledge are not counted] Or
- An appropriate equivalent Diploma of not less than Second class/Credit level or B grade obtained from a college that is fully registered by NACTE and approved by the UDSM Senate. For Diplomas that are further classified into Upper and Lower classes, the requirement shall be an Upper Second class or B+ average.
Note: Applicants from countries that follow an 8-4-4 education system need to complete at least one year of study at a university in their own countries before they can be considered for admission into the University of Dar es Salaam.
- A minimum score of 100 was obtained from the Mature Age Entry Examination (MAEE) consisting of a score of at least 50 in Paper I and 50 in Paper-II. MAEE was introduced in order to give the opportunity to exceptionally well qualified Tanzanian candidates who wish to study for a first degree at the University of Dar es Salaam but do not possess qualifications that satisfy the University’s Direct/Equivalent entry requirements. To qualify for MAEE one must be 25 years of age or older on 1st August of the year in which admission is sought. In addition, one must have obtained at least three credits in approved subjects at the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination or completed Form VI at least five years before 1st September of the year in which admission is sought.
2. Additional Entrance Requirements
In addition to the general minimum entrance requirements, there are additional qualifications, specific to the various degree programs, as shown in the UDSM prospectus.
For more information and inquiries about the University of Dar es Salaam UDSM admission entry requirements, you can contact the University of Dar es Salaam UDSM by clicking here.